TOM & JERRY EARTHQUAKE RELIEF FUND
Fundraising to help our friends in Nepal
Any Amount Helps!
Almost all of the staff of Tom & Jerry Pub in Kathmandu lost their housing in the earthquakes in April 2015. They need help - money to help get them settled in temporary shelters and to rebuild permanent housing. To help them get back on their feet, we are collecting donations from Canadian friends of Tom & Jerry Pub. All money collected will be sent to Tom & Jerry Pub in Nepal.
3 Ways to Donate
With any of these, please be sure to send me your email address so we can update you on funds collected and forwarded to the Tom & Jerry team in Kathmandu.
2. MAIL a Cheque
Be old school and use Canada Post! Mail a cheque or money order made out to:
Address - send care of:
PO Box 29 - 260 Adelaide St. East
Toronto, ON Canada M5A 3P2
3. PayPal - Credit Card
You do not need a PayPal account to use this option. Just click on the Donate button, choose your amount, and method of payment.
Good to know:
- Any amount helps. Even $10 - it goes a long way in Kathmandu and all adds up to big help to the hardworking staff of our favourite Nepalese pub.
- We will pass along 100% of net donations received to Tom & Jerry. Net donations is the amount donated less any processing charges from PayPal, Interac or other institutions. Of course, we will not charge any fees or impose any service charges for our part in this.
- Note that this is a private initiative. Donations cannot be claimed as charitable donations for tax purposes.
- Who are we and why are we helping? Kara, the founder of Sparkplug Coffee, first visited Nepal more than 25 years ago and is a long-time friend of the owners of Tom & Jerry. She donated to the Nepal Earthquake Relief efforts through the Red Cross and also wants to help on a more direct and personal level. So she is happy to have the opportunity to help by collecting funds in Canada and sending them to our friends in need in Kathmandu.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Tom & Jerry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the Tom N Jerry Facebook Page.
- Not in Canada? Tom & Jerry has a list of people collecting donations in other countries. Email them at email@example.com, let them know where you are, and ask how to send some money to their earthquake relief fund.
- A great article from The Guardian about earthquake relief: Don't rush to Nepal to help. Read this first. (hint: the article says money is the best help at this time so please donate however much you can.)