8 Easy Steps to Make Every Cup Great:
- BEANS - use FRESH roasted Sparkplug Coffee. Fresh is best - drink up within 8-10 weeks of roasting. Or within 2 months of receiving your Sparkplug order.
- GRIND - pick the grind that works best with your coffeemaker. Refer to the Sparkplug Coffee grind chart if you're not sure.
- MEASURE - use the proper proportions of coffee to water. We recommend 1 Sparkplug Scoop (2 Tbsp / 30 ml) of ground coffee per 8 oz / 200 ml of water.
- WATER - use the same WATER you’d drink straight up.
- TEMPERATURE - use HOT WATER, not quite boiling. Coffee nerds say 91-96ºC or 195-205ºF.
- BREW TIME - follow the TIMING recommended for your brewing equipment. Follow the TIMING recommended for your brewing equipment.
- STORAGE - keep your coffee in an AIRTIGHT container in a cool, dark spot. No, this does not include the fridge or freezer.
- ENJOY! Drink up while it is hot and fresh.
- GET THE FULL GUIDE - Sign up for Sparkplug Coffee News to get our full report Make Every Cup Great with more details on each of these 8 tips.